Hope you guys are doing great!
The festive season is right here, started with Durga Puja and Dusshera and now we are one day away from Karwachauth and about 10 days away from Diwali So well, I guess, this is the perfect time to review one of my favorite eyeshadow plaettes from Makeup Revolution, that I had bought not so long ago, and which I think is just so perfect for the upcoming season and you will soon know why!
Makeup Revolution London FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
The palette comes in a gorgeous dull gold packaging which easily makes it one of the prettiest looking eyeshadow palettes in my vanity. The palette houses 30 gorgeous eyeshadows and a dual ended applicator brush which is not really that bad! I usually don’t use brushes that come with palettes but on some occasions I have actually used the blending side of the brush and it did an okay job so I can say its not totally disappointing.
The eyeshadows in the Makeup Revolution London FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE palette are a good mix of matte, pearl and frost finish. When I swatched them for the first time I was totally bowled away by the smoothness of texture and the pigmentation of the frost shades. After using this palette on numerous occasions, I can finally say that this palette is one of my best ranked palettes by Makeup Revolution, only getting a second place right after the Naked Chocolate palette reviewed HERE.
Coming down to the pros and cons of this palette:
Reasons to get this palette:
- Beautiful packaging, easy to travel with.
- Gorgeous assortment of shades.
- Easy blending ability of the shades.
- The frost shades are super bright and very well pigmented.
- The darker matte shades also offer incredible pigmentation.
- Eyeshadows have good color payoff even without a primer.
- Dual ended brush and mirror provided.
- Easily available at Indian online stores.
Why should you skip it?
- The lighter shades are not that pigmented, but its okay since there are very few of them.
- Fallout issues are there with the dark matte shades.
- Powdery texture, that loosens up on a little extra swivel of the brush.
- Staying ability is low without a primer. Although with a primer, these eyeshadows do stay for a whole day on me and more.
- If buying from India, these can be quite expensive. The original price is £9.99 whereas Indian retailers sell it for more than double the actual price.
Overall, looking at the Price vs quality/quantity/ performance factors of the Makeup Revolution London FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE Eyeshadow Palette, I would definitely recommend this eyeshadow palette to everyone. Reason being, many of us like to wear makeup on special occasions, even if not on a daily basis and this palette can come in really handy on those special days. This palette also has some nice neutral mattes that can serve you well even for everyday/office makeup. That being said, there definitely are fallout issues with some shades but its easy to tackle that part. It is one of those palettes that give you complete value for money and if you do follow me on Instagram, you would know that I have been using only this palette for most of my Durga Puja looks. Yes, I love it that much!