Hello my lovlies,
Hey, so this is probably my first time doing a Bollywood inspired makeup look and I’m excited as hell to share the pictures with you guys. I never quite felt inclined to do Bollywood inspired makeup looks since I always felt they were done to death by so many attempting them at exactly the same point in time. It always becomes boring and repetitive after a point, isn’t it? However, contrasting my own opinion about doing Bollywood makeup looks, here I am, with a makeup look that I found to be inspiring and challenging at the same time and thus ended up attempting. My main reason for doing this Kaala Chashma inspired look stems from the intriguing simplicity of the look that I felt was really really difficult to achieve. Yes, far more difficult than winged liner, cat eyes and all of those bold makeup that to me are fairly simple when it gets to doing the groundwork.
In the song Kaala Chashma, Katrina Kaif sticks to her signature makeup style, a no-makeup face and subtle smokey eyes and a wet and juicy pout. It looks easy, but believe me when I say, it is just so hard to achieve. It was huge challenge for me to have a contour, that doesn’t look like a contour, have immense control on the blush and highlight and yea, the eyes, those soft smokey eyes that add to the sultriness of the look !
She has all the makeup elements in place!
All of them perfectly placed at their designated areas of the face, BUT, you can’t spot it! And that’s what I wanted to achieve. Of course, since I’m not a pro, I can see a lot of goof-ups in the pictures below, but ultimately I was happy at the end result. If you think it doesn’t match the exact look Katrina is sporting, you may call it my rendition of Katrina’s makeup as well <wink wink>
I’d still hope you like it!
Until next time, Ka-ciao!
And some of the products that I used to create this makeup look:
Face & Brows:
- Innisfree Mineral Primer
- FACES Glam On Foundation
- MUA Eyeshadow Primer
- The Face Shop Brow definer
- NYX Eyebrow powders
- SEPHORA Highlight Lowlight Contour stick
- Deborah Milano White Kajal
- Freedom Pro Palette : Black Arts (A deep brown on outer corners and lower lashline, a skin tone matte for inner corner highlight and browbone highlight, another light nude matte to blend)
- Inglot Freedom System Eyeshadow 452 (Deep Plum)
- Makeup Geek Chickadee as transition shade on crease
- Lotus Herbal Kajal for the smokey upper lash line and on water line.
- Faces Glam on Eyeliner on top of lash glue 😉
- Maybelline The falsies mascara
- Bourjois Heaalthy Balance Powder for some blending
- Inglot Freedom system blush #41
- Stila Sun Bronzing Powder 02
- Faces Metalliglow highlighter
- The Body Shop Shimmer waves highlighter
- MAC Powder Blush Fleur Power
- Avon Lip Liner Pink Bouquet
- Revlon Colorburst Lip Gloss Sunbaked