Today, I decided to do a makeup look using makeup products that are easily available across drugstore or at high street retail outlets. This post is only to convey the idea that one doesn’t always necessarily need high end makeup products to create a look and that there are scores of drugstore brands and products that can help you achieve all kinds of makeup looks ranging from neutrals to glamorous party wear looks. All you need to know is some skills, petty tricks and tactics and a little bit of practice. Also, I would like to emphasize the importance of right tools that can help you in creating a variety of looks.
A small trick that I learnt today was how to use an eyeshadow wet. Yes! Despite being blogging for so long, today was my first successful attempt at using an eyeshadow wet without spoiling the rest of it in the pan and I used my MAC Fix+ for that and since it is not a drugstore product per se, I skipped photographing it. Also, if you have any other similar medium from a drugstore brand, you can use the same to spray on an eyeshadow brush on which you have already taken the powder shadow and dab on the lids to create a more intense look.
Leaving you with pictures. A list of products that I used for the look is also mentioned towards the end of the post.
Hope you enjoy the post. Do let me know what you think of this.
Until next time,
- Innisfree Mineral Primer
- Maybelline Fit me Foundation
- Faces Glam On Pressed Powder (as you can see, I have showered all my love on this pan!!)
- Faces Metalliglow Highlighter
- Kryolan Dermacolor Camouflage Palette
- Kryolan Blush Youth Red
- NYX Eyeshadow Base White
- Makeup Revolution Death By Chocolate Eyeshadow Palette
- Maybelline Diamond Glow Quad
- Maybelline The Falsies Mascara
- Maybelline Fashion Brow Brown
- Maybelline Colossal Kajal (Not pictured)
- Health and Glow Eyelash Curler
- Bourjois Lip Liner Rouge Soyeux
- Studio West Pure Passion Cashmere Chubby Lipstick Poppylicious