I have an interesting review to share with you guys today. So well, a few days back I saw a new launch alert in my mailbox and got curious to check it out at my nearest store. As it is, I am a sucker for Lip Creams and Lip products from Revlon feature in my favorite drugstore makeup list always, so after much pondering, I restrained myself to buy the Red and instead got a more neutral shade out of the 6 shades that launched in India in the Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lip Color called Addiction.
Once billed and packed, I came back home to find out the interesting packaging that this product came in, which was a red velvet pouch a-la some high end makeup product. Had to be, the tube is priced at a whopping rate (Rs 1195).
Moving on, I am currently in love with the Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lip Color in Addiction, and here’s why:
- Addiction is a gorgeous shade of a neutral berry that provides me a refreshing break from my Reds and Fuchsias, and is definitely a very “everyday” kind of color.
- It is intense, and by intense, I mean like really really packed with pigments so one stroke is enough to cover your lips in opaque color so you don’t need to dip the brush twice!
- The applicator offers good control unline many lip creams in which it is almost impossible to control the color and lines without some extra caution.
- The flat tube instead of round is a nice change, just wondering why no other brand came up with this kind of packaging earlier. It fits in better and offers a better grip as well.
- It stays all day, mild transfers are there if you must notice, but the color really stays on me the whole work day and even after I remove the lip color, a deep berry stain sits pretty on the lips.
- The scent..ah!! I love it, and so do people around me when I apply it..Quite on the stronger side for the initial minute or two. Fades gradually afterwards. Depends on your liking though!
- Finish? Yes, we need to talk about it. It’s not your usual dry matte kind of matte you see. It’s more of a satiny matte, that looks creamy when applied but sets in about an hour afterwards to a drier finish, though never completely dry throughout the wear. The benefit of wearing such mattes is your lips will never revolt and they will live in harmony forever, or until you decide to wear that RETRO MATTE again 😉
Drawback : The price. If only it was in the 600-850 bracket! Rs 1195 is a bit too much!
Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lip Color #Addiction is a gorgeous muted Berry that’s neither flat or boring nor too matte and is a wonderful color for everyday wear. Right from the packaging, to the finish and the staying power, I almost love everything about it. Considering I hardly have time to reapply my lip color, it’s a boon if I get my hands on something that stays all day and doesn’t make my lips dry. Price is a downside though! is a gorgeous muted Berry that’s neither flat or boring nor too matte and is a wonderful color for everyday wear. Right from the packaging, to the finish and the staying power, I almost love everything about it. Considering I hardly have time to reapply my lip color, it’s a boon if I get my hands on something that stays all day and doesn’t make my lips dry. Price is a downside though!
*I think, Revlon could have called this a lip Cream instead of giving that MATTE tag, what say?
P.S.: Please ignore the flat pictures, I have no makeup on my face except for that lip color and liner !