Uh well, I hauled.. It was hard to resist, you know. With so many make-up brands thrown at your face and an already overflowing vanity (or so according to the husband!) I really didn’t need anything. But it wasn’t really a need, it was a WANT. And so with a fairly decent amount of control on my purse strings, I picked up some stuff which follow in the post below.
The first brand I really wanted to check out was Kiko Milano. Kiko is an Italian Makeup brand and is quite fairly priced compared to many others. It is also easily available throughout Italy I believe..There is a store at every nook and corner in Rome and I saw a store at Pisa Centrale as well, so I guess… I bought most of my stuff from Kiko and here they are:
- Nail Polishes, about 20 , in a variety of shades and finishes, some of these were for gifting also (yes! I am a self confessed Nail Polish addict )
- Eyebrow Pencils ( A brown one for myself , and 2 black for gifts)
- A Lip Marker
- Lipsticks (Kiko Smart lipsticks, all 4 for gifts and Ultra Glossy Stylo, 2 for myself and 2 for gifts 😉 )
- Lip Liners ( 3 , all for myself )
- Mascaras (a whopping 6 tubes, including a mascara base coat, a colored mascara, a glitter mascara and a mascara for the brows)
- Makeup Remover and Foundation blender
- Mat Mousse Foundation, Radiant Fusion Baked Powder and Natural Concealer
Next I picked up a couple of things from Sephora
- NARS Audacious Lipstick – Charlotte, Blush – Amour
- Sephora Collection Highlight Lowlight contour stick -Medium, Sephora Wonderful Cushion Matte Lip Cream – Purple
- Two Faced Melted Lipquefied Lipstick – Melted Ruby and Melted Berry
I had spotted this brand called Bottega Verde which is also an Italian Skincare and makeup brand and decided to buy a hand cream from them.
We went to a supermarket one day, infact our last day of the trip which we had kept exclusively for shopping and some relaxed time. Bought the following
- Spuma Di Sciampagna Muschio Bianco Emollient Body Cleanser
- Le petit marseillais Lip Balm
- Acqua Distillata Alle Rose (Rose Water)
- Garnier Miscellar Water and Ultra Dolce Hair Mask.
Some Duty Free shopping in the end, and that includes MAC Blush in Life’s a Picnic, Loreal Nude Magic Blur Cream in Medium to Dark and Loreal Age Perfect which was a huge mistake since I didn’t check to see that it is for very mature skin. Guess I was too lured by the rose gold packaging to notice the finer details.
Also picked VERSACE Versus and CALVIN KLEIN Eternity for myself!
And that’s all..
Oh, and I was about to pick the Loreal Infallible Mega Glosses from the airport and so glad that I didn’t because it would have been more expensive. Its cheaper in India, so yes, I will pick one of those super soon..
I hope to review a few of the above products soon (I know all would never happen!). Incase there’s anything you want me to review first, do let me know in the comments below.