MAC Oh,Oh,Oh (INR 1100 for 3g )is a Lustre finish lipstick from the Archie’s Girls’ Collection . MAC describes Oh,Oh,Oh as Sheer Brown Plum. On my lips, it’s definitely sheer, but I don’t see any traces of Brown, only red toned plum with golden shimmer. I’m not particularly happy with the texture , it spreads like slick oil on the lips, and layering about 3-4 times gives the medium coverage which you see in the pictures, BUT I really like the color. For me, its very versatile color that I can see myself wearing very often. This is a rarest of rare kind of scenario for me, but ever since I got this lipstick, I’ve been wearing it EVERY SINGLE DAY!! Have tried so many combinations with it already, and loving it so far,and here are some reasons…
Why I love it:
- It’s a lustre with a frosty sheen, acts like a gloss to prep up my base lip color without acting like one and smudging the base color, and stays on th elipstick for more than the amount of time that a regular gloss will stay.
- Can be worn on its own for a quick lip fix when in hurry
- I’ve heard that Lustres are drying, but I haven’t faced any issues so far, guess,I’m a bit lucky here!!
- I like how lightweight the lipstick feels….
- I love how universally flattering the shade is.
- Its a cute lipstick, and I like that packaging!!
And a few reasons why I’ll deduct some points:
- Its expensive, well ya, give me my 100 bucks back and the same lipstick in standard packaging, I’ll be okay with it!
- I wish it was bit more opaque…For very pigmented lips, filling out with a nude lip liner should help.
- The shade of the lipstick on your lips will depend on your natural lip color.
- On its own, this stays for only 2+hours but layered above a nude/neutral lip liner, I have got a wear time of over 4 hrs.
- If you find Lustres a bit drying on you, you may not want to give this a chance.
Is it worth the hype ?